A Taste of Switzerland
4 days / unescorted
St. Moritz - Lugano - Lucerne
A quick tour to enjoy all aspects of the excellent Swiss Travel System - Switzerland's famed transport system. Travel by train, bus and boat through three distinctly different regions and experience the clockwork precision of the Swiss transport network.
- Engadine St. Moritz
- Palm Express
- Wilhelm Tell Express
- Beautiful lakeside Lucerne
Flight or rail from the UK to Zürich and 2nd class rail transfer to St. Moritz. Overnight in sunny St. Moritz.
Board the Palm Express, the classic yellow PostBus and enjoy a scenic journey from icy glaciers in the Engadine to palms and blue lakes in the Ticino. You will pass by Lake Mezzola and Como in Italy. Visit the nearby Monte Brè or San Salvatore to have fantastic views over Lake Lugano. Overnight in Lugano.
||Wilhelm Tell Express
Your day on the Wilhelm Tell Express starts in Bellinzona where you board the 2nd class carriage. You will travel from the Ticino region through the 15 kilometre long Gotthard Tunnel and into Central Switzerland. In Flüelen make your way to the steamer landing pier for an unforgettable cruise aboard a vintage paddle steamer to Lucerne. The cruise takes around 3.5 hours. Overnight in Lucerne.
Explore Lucerne with its landmark 'Chapel Bridge' - one of Europe's oldest wooden bridges. Rail transfer to Zürich and return journey to the UK.
You will be accommodated in centrally located 3* hotels, within easy walking distance to the railway station and amenities.
- All rooms with shower or bath
Dates & Prices
Departures: June - October
- Daily Departures in June - October
- Departures at all other times restricted to Thur, Fri & Sat.
STANDARD (STD) | *** Hotels, 2nd class rail
- From £510 per adult sharing twin/double room
- Single supplement from £45 for 3 nights
SUPERIOR (SUP) | **** Hotels, 1st class rail
- From £644 per adult sharing twin/double room
- Single supplement from £89 for 3 nights
DELUXE (DEL) | ***** Hotels, 1st class rail
- From £765 per adult sharing twin/double room
- Single supplement from £230 for 3 nights
- Child prices and costs for extra bed (triple rooms) on request
- Subject to availability at the time of booking
- This holiday can be booked vice versa
Return flights from major UK airports, airport taxes, carbon offset contribution (see climate care), train transfers (Swiss Card) in 2nd class, Half Fare Card, Palm Express reservation, 3 nights accommodation in selected category, daily breakfast.
- Upgrade to 1st class: £50 per adult
- Add extra nights at any of the resorts
Payment by credit card:
A transaction fee of 1.6% up to a maximum of £20 will apply when paying by credit card. A transaction fee of 2.2% up to a maximum of £20 will apply when paying by AMEX (Diners Card cannot be accepted). No charge will be made for debit cards.