Best of Switzerland
5 days / unescorted
Interlaken – Lucerne
Spend your summer holidays in Switzerland: If you only have a few days to discover the beauty of the Swiss Mountains, then this unguided tour is ideal for you. Spend 2 nights in the charming town of Interlaken followed by 2 nights in Lucerne with trips to the summit of the Jungfraujoch (11’333 ft) and a chance to take in the breathtaking views from the summit of Mount Pilatus (7’000 ft) towards Lake Lucerne. One of the best ways to spend a summer holiday in Switzerland.
FREE UPGRADE TO FIRST CLASS
for travel in May, September & October 2014
- Famous Interlaken
- Jungfraujoch - highest train station in Europe
- Aletsch Glacier - UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Historic Lucerne
- Mount Pilatus - steepest cogwheel train in the world
Flight from the UK to Zürich and rail transfer to Interlaken. Overnight in Interlaken.
||Excursion to the Jungfraujoch
Excursion to the Jungfraujoch which is the highest train station in Europe. Impressive views of snow-capped peaks and the Aletsch Glacier, the longest in Europe at 22kms (13.6 miles). Overnight in Interlaken.
||Over the Brünig Pass
You have time for a stroll along the lake before boarding the train to Lucerne over the Brünig Pass. Overnight in Lucerne.
||Mount Pilatus Excursion
A short cruise from Lucerne to Alpnachstad, then up to Mount Pilatus on the steepest cog-train in the world. The cog-train is only in service from June to September. During the winter months a postal coach will take you from Lucerne to Kriens and from there a gondola awaits to take you to Pilatus. Overnight in Lucerne.
Rail transfer to Zürich and flight back to the UK.
You will be accommodated in centrally located 3* hotels, within easy walking distance to the railway station and amenities.
- All rooms with shower or bath
Dates & Prices
Departures: Daily all year round.
STANDARD (STD) | *** Hotels, 2nd class rail - From £595 per adult sharing twin/double room
- Single supplement from £77 for 4 nights
SUPERIOR (SUP) | **** Hotels, 1st class rail
- From £686 per adult sharing twin/double room
- Single supplement from £86 for 4 nights
DELUXE (DEL) | ***** Hotels, 1st class rail
- From £1145 per adult sharing twin/double room
- Single supplement from £510 for 4 nights
- Child prices and costs for extra bed (triple rooms) on request
- Subject to availability at the time of booking
- This holiday can be booked vice versa
Return flights from major UK airports, taxes, 2nd class Swiss Card including Half Fare Card, 4 nights accommodation in selected category, daily breakfast, excursion to Jungfraujoch & Mount Pilatus.
- Upgrade to 1st class: £38 per person
- Add extra nights at any of the resorts
Payment by credit card:
A transaction fee of 1.6% up to a maximum of £20 will apply when paying by credit card. A transaction fee of 2.2% up to a maximum of £20 will apply when paying by AMEX (Diners Card cannot be accepted). No charge will be made for debit cards.
Travelling with children or for optional extras, contact us
- by email or call.