Best of Switzerland
5 days / unescorted
Interlaken – Lucerne
Spend your summer holidays in Switzerland: If you only have a few days to discover the beauty of the Swiss Mountains, then this unguided tour is ideal for you. Spend 2 nights in the charming town of Interlaken followed by 2 nights in Lucerne with trips to the summit of the Jungfraujoch (11’333 ft) and a chance to take in the breathtaking views from the summit of Mount Pilatus (7’000 ft) towards Lake Lucerne. One of the best ways to spend a summer holiday in Switzerland.
- Famous Interlaken
- Jungfraujoch - highest train station in Europe
- Aletsch Glacier - UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Historic Lucerne
- Mount Pilatus - steepest cogwheel train in the world
Flight from the UK to Zürich and rail transfer to Interlaken. Overnight in Interlaken.
||Excursion to the Jungfraujoch
Excursion to the Jungfraujoch which is the highest train station in Europe. Impressive views of snow-capped peaks and the Aletsch Glacier, the longest in Europe at 22kms (13.6 miles). Overnight in Interlaken.
||Over the Brünig Pass
You have time for a stroll along the lake before boarding the train to Lucerne over the Brünig Pass. Overnight in Lucerne.
||Mount Pilatus Excursion
A short cruise from Lucerne to Alpnachstad, then up to Mount Pilatus on the steepest cog-train in the world. The cog-train is only in service from June to September. During the winter months a postal coach will take you from Lucerne to Kriens and from there a gondola awaits to take you to Pilatus. Overnight in Lucerne.
Rail transfer to Zürich and flight back to the UK.
You will be accommodated in centrally located 3* hotels, within easy walking distance to the railway station and amenities.
- All rooms with shower or bath
Dates & Prices
Departures: Daily all year round.
Travel in April, May or October for Free 1st Class Upgrade
STANDARD (STD) | *** Hotels, 2nd class rail - From £610 per adult sharing twin/double room
- Single supplement from £102 for 4 nights
SUPERIOR (SUP) | **** Hotels, 1st class rail
- From £730 per adult sharing twin/double room
- Single supplement from £100 for 4 nights
DELUXE (DEL) | ***** Hotels, 1st class rail
- From £1015 per adult sharing twin/double room
- Single supplement from £175 for 4 nights
- Child prices and costs for extra bed (triple rooms) on request
- Subject to availability at the time of booking
- This holiday can be booked vice versa
- Returns flights from UK to Switzerland in economy class including 1 piece of hold
luggage and all taxes
- Rail travelin 2nd or 1st class as per programme, incl. half-fare card
- 4 nights' accomodation in selected category
- Daily breakfast
- Local taxes
- Jungfraujoch Excursions
- Mount Pilatus Excursion
- Souvenir gift
- Travel Documentation
- Upgrade to 1st class rail: £44 per person
Payment by credit card:
A transaction fee of 1.6% will apply when paying by credit card. A transaction fee of 2.2% will apply when paying by AMEX (Diners Card cannot be accepted). No charge will be made for debit cards or direct bank transfers.
Travelling with children or for optional extras, contact us
- by email or call.