Classic Glacier Express
5 days / unescorted
St. Moritz – Zermatt
Travel on the famous Glacier Express - one of Switzerland's best scenic train rides across the Alps, connecting two of the most popular resorts - St. Moritz and Zermatt. The entire journey takes around 7.5 hours and crosses 291 bridges, passes through 91 tunnels and climbs over the 2,033 m high Oberalp Pass. One of the best ways to spend a summer holiday in Switzerland.
- Glitzy St. Moritz
- Engadine countryside
- Famous Glacier Express
- Zermatt & the Matterhorn
Arrival in St. Moritz
Flight or rail from the UK to Zürich and 2nd class rail transfer to St. Moritz. Overnight in St. Moritz.
||St. Moritz - free day
Take advantage of the included Swiss Card and enjoy one of the many top excursions in the region. Explore this sunny region and the beautiful Engadine countryside surrounding the resort. Overnight in St. Moritz.
Today you take the world famous Glacier Express for a thrilling ride in the panorama carriage to Zermatt. Overnight in Zermatt.
||Zermatt free day
Discover the top- class natural paradise on Gornergrat at half price with you included Half Fare Card. The Gornergrat railway takes you from Zermatt to the top at 3,089m (10,134ft) for stunning views of the Matterhorn and a panorama of 29 four-thousands-meter peaks. Overnight in Zermatt.
Rail transfer to Zürich or Geneva and return journey to the UK.
You will be accommodated in centrally located hotels, within easy walking distance to the railway station and amenities.
- All rooms with shower or bath
Dates & Prices
Departures: Daily (except 21 Oct - 09 Dec)
STANDARD (STD) | *** Hotels, 2nd class rail
- From Double £695 pp / Single £740 pp
SUPERIOR (SUP) | **** Hotels, 1st class rail, 1-course Glacier Lunch
- From Double £920 pp / Single £1035 pp
DELUXE (DEL) | ***** Hotels, 1st class rail, 3-course Glacier Lunch
- From Double £1145 pp / Single £1510 pp
- Child prices and costs for extra bed (triple rooms) on request
- Subject to availability at the time of booking
- This holiday can be booked vice versa
- Returns flights from UK to Switzerland in economy class including 1 piece of hold
luggage and all taxes
- Rail travel in 2nd or 1st class as per programme, incl. half-fare card
- 4 nights' accomodation in selected category
- Daily breakfast
- Local taxes
- Seat reservation on Glacier Express
- Souvenir gift
- Travel Documentation
- Upgrade to 1st class rail: £96 per person
- Add 1-course Lunch on Glacier Express: £25 per person
- Add 3-course Lunch on Glacier Express: £36 per person
- Upgrade to 3-course lunch on Glacier Express: £11 per person
*FREE UPGRADE TO 1ST CLASS - TRAVEL IN APRIL, MAY AND JUNE*
- Gourmet Ticket, Zermatt: £97
- Gornergrat Excursion: £38
Please note prices will vary due to the fluctuating exchange rate. The prices quoted here are from prices only.
A transaction fee of 1.6% will apply when paying by credit card. A transaction fee of 2.2% u will apply when paying by AMEX (Diners Card cannot be accepted). No charge will be made for debit cards or direct bank transfers.
Travelling with children or for optional extras, contact us
- by email or call.