Classic Glacier Express
5 days / unescorted
St. Moritz – Zermatt
Travel on the famous Glacier Express - one of Switzerland's best scenic train rides across the Alps, connecting two of the most popular resorts - St. Moritz and Zermatt. The entire journey takes around 7.5 hours and crosses 291 bridges, passes through 91 tunnels and climbs over the 2,033 m high Oberalp Pass. One of the best ways to spend a summer holiday in Switzerland.
FREE UPGRADE TO FIRST CLASS
for travel in May, September & October 2014
- Glitzy St. Moritz
- Engadine countryside
- Famous Glacier Express
- Zermatt & the Matterhorn
Arrival in St. Moritz
Flight or rail from the UK to Zürich and 2nd class rail transfer to St. Moritz. Overnight in St. Moritz.
||St. Moritz - free day
Take advantage of the included Swiss Card and enjoy one of the many top excursions in the region. Explore this sunny region and the beautiful Engadine countryside surrounding the resort. Overnight in St. Moritz.
Today you take the world famous Glacier Express for a thrilling ride in the panorama carriage to Zermatt. Overnight in Zermatt.
||Zermatt free day
Discover the top- class natural paradise on Gornergrat at half price with you included Half Fare Card. The Gornergrat railway takes you from Zermatt to the top at 3,089m (10,134ft) for stunning views of the Matterhorn and a panorama of 29 four-thousands-meter peaks. Overnight in Zermatt.
Rail transfer to Zürich or Geneva and return journey to the UK.
You will be accommodated in centrally located 3* hotels, within easy walking distance to the railway station and amenities.
- All rooms with shower or bath
Dates & Prices
Departures: Daily (except 27 Oct - 14 Dec)
STANDARD (STD) | *** Hotels, 2nd class rail
- From £585 per adult sharing twin/double room
- Single supplement from £33 for 4 nights
SUPERIOR (SUP) | **** Hotels, 1st class rail, 1-course Glacier Lunch
- From £794 per adult sharing twin/double room
- No Single Supplement
DELUXE (DEL) | ***** Hotels, 1st class rail, 3-course Glacier Lunch
- From £916 per adult sharing twin/double room
- Single supplement from £293 for 4 nights
- Child prices and costs for extra bed (triple rooms) on request
- Deluxe hotels open for summer beginning of June only !
- Subject to availability at the time of booking
- This holiday can be booked vice versa
Return flights from major UK airports, taxes, 2nd class Swiss Card including Half Fare Card, Glacier Express seat reservation, 4 nights accommodation in selected category, daily breakfast, small souvenir gift.
Payment by credit card:
- Upgrade to 1st class: £63 per person
- Upgrade 1-course Glacier Lunch: £21 per person
- Upgrade to 3-course Glacier Lunch: £30 per person
- Add extra nights at any of the resorts
A transaction fee of 1.6% up to a maximum of £20 will apply when paying by credit card. A transaction fee of 2.2% up to a maximum of £20 will apply when paying by AMEX (Diners Card cannot be accepted). No charge will be made for debit cards.
Travelling with children or for optional extras, contact us
- by email or call.